Sports Massage can be used to help those with stress or injuries but is also used by many to relax and unwind.
Its deep techniques are different to those of therapeutic massage and it has many benefits:
• Relieves muscle tension and soreness
• Prevents injuries
• Increases muscle flexibility and range of movement
• Re-energises and strengthens your body’s own healing
• Speeds up recovery and improves performance
• Shortens recovery time between workouts
• Provides healthy stress relief, relaxing both the body and mind.
Injury Rehabilitation is appropriate for those with new or chronic injuries. This differs from sports massage as it may utilise other techniques such as strengthening exercises, stretching and flexibility, electrotherapy such as ultrasound, proprioceptive exercises and joint mobilisations.
Injury rehabilitation is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of your injury and getting you back to full functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability; in the safest, shortest possible time. It uses the principles of sport and exercise sciences incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare you for training, competition and where applicable, work. It is the treatment and rehabilitation of musculo-skeletal injuries ranging from muscle strains to fracture rehabilitation.